Documents Needed for Farmland Auction | Top 50 Farmland Questions Answered

What Documents Do You Need to Start the Auction Process?

Top 50 Questions about Farmland

Hey, it's the Iowa Land guy, and here's the top 50 questions that I get asked about farmland. So, what documents do we need to start the auction process? There's a handful of documents that we need to start. The first one is a listing, uh, or auction agreement. So we're gonna sign a, an agreement between you, the seller, uh, or on behalf of the seller and us the, uh, brokerage and auction company. Um, in that document we'll cover, uh, price and terms and conditions and when and where, and. What and how, um, that will all get covered in that document. The second document that we need is an FSA release form. FSA release form gives us permission to go to the farm Service agency office and get that report card on your farm. One other document, but not always needed, might be executor or trustee paperwork if you represent a family of, uh, uh, five or 10 or 15 people or more. If you're the executor, the receiver or, or the trustee for that, we will need that paperwork as well on the front end. One other document that I'd like you to find, but we don't necessarily need it to start, and that is your abstract. So in Iowa we have an abstract and that is your title to the property. Um, oftentimes kept in a safety deposit box or at the bank. Uh, but that is a document to start finding right. David Whitaker | Iowa Land Guy